Whipple - (2007-2014) Shelby GT500 Gen 3 W175AX (2.9L) SC "Upgrade" Kit / 16-17psi / Black
The all new Gen 3 Superchargers are now standard on all Whipple Ford supercharger kits.
What is the Gen 3 supercharger? It's Whipple's newest rotor technology which has already proven itself both on the dyno and track as a great improvement over the previous Gen 2 design.The Gen 3 supercharger not only utilizes new rotor technology but a newly designed supercharger housing/case. The Gen 3 design benefits from the 3/5 rotor setup with tighter tolerances making it more efficient. In addition to that the port on the housing has been revised and now allows for increased rotor filling and decreased turbulence, resulting in increased overall supercharger efficiency
What are the benefits of the Gen 3 supercharger?
- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level
- 10-80*F cooler temps
- New Whipple Crusher SC Housing for increased volumetric efficiency
If you're craving more power from your Shelby GT500, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries latest, most efficient twin-screw supercharger. The new Whipple W175HPR can produce incredible power levels with stock 5.4L Shelby GT500 engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W175HPR compressors have the ability to run nearly 25psi of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance. A simple pulley change in minutes will allow you to step up or down for street or race applications allowing customers the ability to dial in their Shelby.
This direct bolt-on replacement system gives you the ability to run far higher boost levels than the factory 122ci roots-type supercharger while dramatically lowering supercharger discharge temperatures and power consumption (hp).
The Whipple Shelby GT500 kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today.
- INSTANT BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE AT ANY RPM
- Fits under stock hood, no notching required.
- Direct bolt on replacement.
- More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Eaton roots-type.
- 2.9 liter vs. factory 2.1 liter for more power potential.
- More power potential than Eaton TVS.
- 175 cubic inch vs. 140 cubic inch Eaton TVS.
- Optional mono-blade throttle body for nearly 1900cfm capability.
- Up to 98% efficiency.
- Boost range 10 - 25 psi.
- Increased built-in-pressure ratio, optimizied for boost levels over 15psi.
- Factory fit and finish.
- Available polished or black satin.