Whipple - 2015-2017 FORD 5.0L F150 4V W185RF (3.0L) STAGE 1 SC SYSTEM - WK-2311-STG1-30
F150 5.0L GEN 5 Stage 1 Supercharger System
If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power with the all new Stage 1 Supercharger system featuring the new record breaking Gen 5 3.0L Whipple twin-screw supercharger. The Stage 1 system bolts to the factory engine with no cutting or grinding while using the stock 80mm throttle body. The stage 1 system makes up to 600* tire shredding foot pounds of torque and 700* horsepower to the flywheel!
The all new Gen 5 supercharger features the latest rotor technology which includes a 3/4 rotor combination, with improved sealing, higher efficiency and more power to the wheels than previous generations. The all new F150 system also features the inverted supercharger, which nestles the supercharger in the valley of the block. The air goes through the massive patent-pending intercoolers for industry leading thermal efficiency, then down the runners for mind blowing performance.
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability. Each Whipple system comes with the new Whipple flash tool which allows each customer to load the calibration into the PCM, read and erase codes and the ability to customize wheel/axle sizes.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration using special supercharger based software (a Whipple exclusive) that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in it’s ideal parameters.
Today's F150's are speed density based and very difficult to properly calibrate. Whipple, with its proprietary software adds a 3-bar map sensor to measure manifold pressure under boost, along with an air temp sensor to properly vary spark advance at all different rpm points. The 10-speed transmission is recalibrated to keep the engine in its peak torque range at nearly all RPM points along with keeping the offroad, tow, eco and sport modes available so the user keeps all available options. No other aftermarket calibration can adapt and learn as the Whipple calibration.
*Targeted Flywheel HP range is based on 93 octane testing. Results may differ depending on conditions and modifications.
**2018-2020 Model year is 50-state emissions legal.
Leaving no stone unturned, Whipple's revolutionary system for the Ford 5.0L Coyote engines is truly resetting the standards of supercharging. With it's massive 150mm front feed inlet, typical inlet inefficiencies are a thing of the past. With the integrated, upside down design, the massive supercharger fits just above the direct injection system to allow the industries largest air-to-water intercooler on the market. The incredible surface area decreases temperatures and greatly minimizes pressure-drop. The patent pending core is nearly 55% larger than the competition! With more open surface area, both on top of the core and the core itself, Whipple's post intercooler air temps are second to none. Cooler air equals denser air which equals more power at each boost level while being safer on engine components. Don't be fooled by others two small cores!
Other positive displacement superchargers sacrificed plenum volume and runner size while Whipple engineer's used every square inch available to open the volume of the manifold, allowing for future expansion of power levels. Small runner and small volume manifolds cause excess boost "build-up" giving you manifold pressure, not proper cylinder pressure. This results in high boost, low power scenario's with excess heat from the lack of proper flowing air volume.
Another great feature to the Whipple Coyote kits is the oversized heat exchanger, nearly 150% more volume then the competition, along with the oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir. The oversized heat exchanger is nearly the size of the engine radiator, giving incredible cooling capacity for daily driving, drag racing or road racing. The Whipple oversized aluminum reservoir is again a unique feature included with every kit. The aluminum reservoir is remote mounted behind the bumper, keeping it in the cool area away from engine heat, along with having over 2 gallons of capacity in the reservoir alone! Giving the intercooler system well over 3 gallons of capacity. This means cooler air temps, less heat soak and more power.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS F150 EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Largest intercooler system on the market, featuring patent pending technology
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box, works with stock 80mm throttle
- Front entry Gen 5 W185ax (3.0 liters/3000cc) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 2.3L and 2.65L roots-type systems
- Gen 5 supercharger features new 3x4 rotor combination for increased RPM capacity, large diameter for increased airflow and small leak path, increased helix for optimal sealing
- 3.0L is 13% larger than 2.65L roots-type allowing lower power draw and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Oversized Crusher™ 150mm inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercoolers (over 55% larger than some competition) offer more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
- High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Included OBDII flash tool, new Tomahawk flash tool with the new Flight Control technology
- Tomahawk allows wheel/tire axle changes (a Whipple exclusive)
- 55 lb-hr dual pattern fuel injectors vs stock 37 lb-hr stock port injectors
- Exclusive 3x4 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x4 roots
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop and better use of the increased surface area of the massive intercooler core
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No cutting or grinding on the engine block
- No internal modifications required
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with bigger throttle body (132mm or 150mm Roval elliptical), dual electric Spal 11" high speed fans
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- Easy belt changes
- Lightweight pocketed 6061 T6 billet aluminum SC pulley
- Iridium spark plugs included
Front Inlet Vs. Rear Inlet
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to other, smaller supercharger rear inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. The fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. The new Whipple system only has 1 gradual bend, less than half that of the rear entry style systems.
Rear inlet systems also sacrifice the rear inlet to clear the firewall in most cases, or there’s a big need to shave the SC too far forward, making the discharge pointed up and away from the intercooler core, making the air have to make another turn just to get to the intercooler core. It’s simple, the more work the air has to do, the lower the power gains are going to be.
Whipple Fuel System
The Whipple front feed system uses the stock 2013-2014 GT500 dual spray pattern, Bosch mid-length 55lb/hr fuel injectors and extruded billet high flow fuel rails to supply plenty of fuel for up to 800 engine horsepower, over 23% more capacity then our nearest competitor. Each fuel rail comes hard anodizied with laser Whipple logo engraving while the fuel injectors come with a stainless steel position lock to hold the injectors facing the optimum direction.
Each Whipple system comes with proper emissions compatible fuel line with OEM quick connect fittings for simple installation.
The Whipple Advantage
The Whipple Advantage is designed into every Whipple SC system. This advantage is broken down into 5 categories during the design and testing phases which truly sets Whipple apart from others:
1. Best power for money.
2. Most complete package.
3. Maximum power.
4. Maximum power expandability.
5. Aesthetic appeal.
What does this mean? You get it all, in one package. Massive power gains with the biggest superchargers, biggest intercoolers, biggest intercooler systems, biggest air-inlet systems while providing robust belt systems, heavy-duty spring tensioners. The intake manifold is designed with high velocity in mind, while increasing plenum volume to lower pressure loss at high power applications.
You then get OEM style fuel and vacuum hoses with nylon sheaving for added protection and appeal, OEM style quick connect fittings with billet aluminum fittings. No ugly brass fittings hanging off the inlet like some others. Wire extensions are injection molded to allow simple plug-and-play installations. Each system also has multiple options for increased performance such as oversized heat-exchangers with dual fans, billet high flow throttle bodies, oversized cold air intake systems just to name a few.
Each kit comes with step-by-step instruction manuals printed in color to help all installers, including the do-it-yourselfer. Kits come with all the fasteners, all color matched for proper aesthetic appeal.
So don’t be fooled by others, there is no comparing to the Whipple supercharger systems, simply the top of the line packages designed and built to exceed all expectations.