Whipple - Coyote Hot Rod Universal 2.9L Supercharger Kit
SAME RECORD SHATTERING PERFORMANCE AS THE 2016 FORD COBRA JET!
If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power and industry leading durability. The same supercharger used on the Ford Cobra Jet program is now available for your custom built vehicle. The latest Whipple system is built specifically for the hot rod type industry and allows for universal fitment.
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher inlet, industry leading front-feed supercharger design, high-flow intercooler, optional 10-rib billet belt system and multiple throttle body options. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability.
The universal supercharger system has dual inlet options. First is the standard driver side inlet that ducts the air to one side. With this, you have the option of a stock throttle body or our billet Roval 132mm throttle body which is available in electronic and mechanical cable versions. Second is the front center inlet which allows the vehicle builder to duct the air in any direction. With this setup, you can run a stock throttle body, aftermarket 90 and 102mm (GM based) or a Whipple 109mm in electronic or mechanical cable versions.
The Whipple competition supercharger system gives car builders, engine shops, engine builders and do-it-yourselfers the ability to custom build there application. The base kits come with the basic components such as the supercharger, inlet, manifold with intercooler core, fuel rails and necessary fasteners. Builders can add injectors, intercooler pumps, heat exchangers or build there own components and use aftermarket controllers for calibration.
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION
LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THIS POLICY ONLY APPLIES TO INSTALLERS AND/OR USERS WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, HOWEVER CUSTOMERS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- Universal fitment, no wasted componets for custom builds
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
- 2.9L 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
- 2 Oversized Crusher™ inlet options for maximum airflow capacity, minimal rotor cavitation and unique fitment options
- Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Optional high flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- W175ax SC bottom is open for increased plenum volume and better over-intercooler air distribution giving more intercooler effectiveness
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Works with aftermarket controllers such as Holley EFI and AEM Infinity along with factory Ford controllers
- No internal modifications required
- Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- Optional 10-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys
- Stainless steel tapered jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle body
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Lightweight pocketed SC pulley
- No cutting or grinding of engine block