Whipple Superchargers WK-2610B-STG3 2011-2014 5.0L Mustang GT Gen 4 W175FF 2.9L Stage 3 Supercharger Kit
Whipple 11-14 Mustang 5.0 W175FF (2.9L) Stage 3 SC Kit / Intercooled / 3.875" SC Pulley / 10-11psi / 1900cfm Elliptical Throttle Body / 13-14 GT500 Fuel Injectors / MSD Fuel Pump Booster
Whipple is always pursuing the latest & greatest technology and making any innovation they can to produce the most efficient supercharger on the market. The 2.9L supercharger has been the most popular head unit for the Cobras, GT500s and Coyotes. For this reason, Whipple has focused on improving the rotor & housing design of the 2.9L.
Whipple introduced the Gen 3 rotor upgrade for the 2.9L in late 2017 and it boasted a 30-150hp/tq increase at the same boost level compared to its predecessor. It’s been performing like a beast but Whipple knew they could get more out of the 2.9L so earlier this year they introduced the option to upgrade to the Gen 4 rotor & housing. The Gen 4 upgrade is great for those customers wanting a little extra hp boost but without going full Crusher or crazy small pulley setup. The step up from the Gen 3 was not as big as the 2-3 step, but still makes for a nice little gain. Compared to the Gen 3, the Gen 4 2.9L has a 4% flow increase and will make around 1-1.5 more psi at the same pulley size.
- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level
- 10-80*F cooler temps
- New Whipple Crusher SC Housing for increased volumetric efficiency
Whipple 11-14 Mustang 5.0 W175FF (2.9L) Stage 3 SC Kit / Intercooled / 3.75" SC Pulley / 10-11psi / 1900cfm Elliptical Throttle Body / Black
If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power and industry leading durability. With now 3 options, Stage 1, 2 and 3 to better fit each customer's appetite for power! The incredible Stage 3 system boast 750HP on 91-octane fuel with only 10.5psi of boost! Available for both the manual and auto transmission, the new Whipple system is truly a game changer. With the combination of the Stage 2 and the Whipple eliptical 132mm billet throttle body, the Stage 3 system makes another 25HP more then Stage 2 along with 15 ft/lb of torque.
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development then Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized front feed Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in it’s ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower torque output until the problem can be cured. No other supercharger system has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability.
The Whipple front feed system uses the stock GT500 dual spray pattern, Bosch mid-length 58lb/hr fuel injectors and billet high flow fuel rails to supply plenty of fuel for all the power desired. The Mustang Stage 3 system includes the programmable MSD fuel pump booster with a plug and play wiring harness for an easy trouble free installation.
Each Whipple system comes with proper emissions compatible fuel line with OEM quick connect fittings for simple installation.
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
- 2.9L 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
- Oversized Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
- Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive intercooler heat exchanger, nearly 150% more volume then some competitors
- Optional dual 11" Spal electric fans
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use
- Plug and play fuel pump booster for increased fuel flow
- Billet fuel rails, hard coat anodized and laser engraved
- 58lb/hr dual pattern fuel injectors vs smaller 47lb/hr injectors for more power
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- W175ax SC bottom is open for increased plenum volume and better over-intercooler air distribution giving more intercooler effectiveness
- Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Fits under factory hood with no modifications
- No internal modifications required
- No grinding of engine block
- SCT X4 flash tool included
- Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
- Optional 10-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys
- Stainless steel tapered jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
- Complete kits and Tuner kits available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Lightweight pocketed SC pulley